INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Information you provide: When you register an account or complete a transaction through the Services, we collect some “Personal Information” (that is, any information that can be directly or indirectly associated with you), such as your name, title, email address, phone number, address, billing information and other similar information. You may also provide us with certain Personal Information of other people (e.g., if you are sending a gift to someone else).
Device Identifiers: When you access the Services by or through a device, we may access, collect, monitor and/or remotely store one or more “device identifiers”. Device identifiers allow us to uniquely identify your device and are used to enhance the Services (including sending updates and information from the Services). A device identifier may also be used in conjunction with other Personal Information.
Analytics: When you access our Services, we may collect information (either directly or using third party services) using logging and cookies which can sometimes be correlated with Personal Information. We use this information to monitor and analyze use and interest in the Services. See the section on “Service Providers” for more detail in this respect.
Log data: As with most website and technology services delivered over the Internet, our servers automatically collect information when you access or use our Services and record it in log files. This log data may include the Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page visited before using the Services, the purchases that you make, the products you view, browser type and settings, the date and time the Services were accessed, information about browser configuration and plugins, language preferences and cookie data.
USE OF INFORMATION
We generally use information that we collect for the purposes of fulfilling our contractual obligations to you, in furtherance of our legitimate interests in operating the Services and our business and/or where you have consented to such usage.
More specifically, Hey Harper uses Personal Information:
To provide, update, maintain and protect the Services and our business. This includes use of Personal Information to support delivery of the Services, prevent or address service errors, security or technical issues, analyze and monitor usage, trends and other activities or at your request. Hey Harper may use your email address or phone number to send you notices (including any notices required by law, in lieu of communication by postal mail). If you correspond with Hey Harper by email, we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our responses.
To personalize your experience and improve customer service. This includes Personal Information to understand your buying/shopping preferences so that we may be able to advertise other products that you might be interested, to notify you of items left as uncompleted transactions in your shopping cart, and related communications. Your information also helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs. Given this is related to direct marketing, we have a legitimate interest in collecting and using your email and information about your abandoned shopping cart to communicate with you about you uncompleted transaction.
As required by applicable law, legal process or regulation. Hey Harper may in certain instances be compelled by law to process your Personal Information in order to comply with a binding order. We will only do so to the extent reasonably required by that order.
To communicate with you by responding to your transactions, requests, comments and questions. If you contact Hey Harper, Hey Harper may use your Personal Information to respond.
To send emails and other communications. Hey Harper may send you service, technical and other administrative emails, messages and other types of communications. Hey Harper may also contact you to inform you about changes in our products, and important notices, such as security and fraud notices.
To process transactions, including, billing, account management and other administrative matters. We will use your information to process transactions. This includes processing discount codes provided by our third party brand ambassadors. We may need to contact you for invoicing, account management and similar reasons, and we use account data to administer accounts and keep track of billing and payments.
To investigate and help prevent security issues and abuse and to otherwise monitor the Site for violations of our policies or applicable laws. To prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches or other potentially prohibited or illegal activities and/or attempts to harm our users.
To improve our Site. We continually strive to improve our Site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from our users and visitors.
The legal basis for the associated processing of your Personal Information is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR (balancing of interests, based on our legitimate interest in constantly and profitably improving the content, functionality and attractiveness of the app by analyzing your usage) as well as Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR (performance of a contract) and Art. 6 (1) a) GDPR (your consent).
INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Hey Harper may share, transfer and/or disclose your Personal Information to or with third parties in order to provide the services or products requested by you, and under the following circumstances:
- Hey Harper shares certain Personal Information with its shipping company, credit card processing company, payment service provider(s), email service provider(s) and other third parties necessary in order to fulfill an order placed through the Services. These third parties are contractually or otherwise legally prohibited from using your Personal Information for promotional purposes or from selling your Personal Information. These third parties include, but are not limited to, our brand ambassadors with whom your email addresses are shared so that they may track their commissions. These third party service providers may have access to information about you if it is needed to perform their functions for us, but they are not authorized by us to use or disclose such information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements, and they are required to maintain the information in confidence.
- Hey Harper may share Personal Information and other information we collect with our Service Providers and other third parties in connection with our marketing and business development efforts.
- Hey Harper shares certain information that is traditionally not considered Personal Information (such as device, analytics, and usage data) for purposes of better understanding the usage of the Services by Users and improving on that experience.
- Hey Harper may share your Personal Information in response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
- Hey Harper may share your Personal Information third parties in order to investigate, prevent, or take action (in our sole discretion) regarding potentially illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to any person, us, or the Services, or violations of our policies or the law.
- Hey Harper may transfer Personal Information to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by Hey Harper about Hey Harper’s Users is among the assets transferred.
All information voluntarily shared by you through forums, comments, or blog posts is publicly available and your username may be visible by other Users. Hey Harper is not responsible for any information you submit that can be read by other Users and can be used to send you unsolicited information by other Users.
Hey Harper may, from time to time, choose to post certain Personal Information about a User for promotional or Service-related purposes; prior to posting said information, Hey Harper will obtain the User’s consent via email.
RETENTION OF DATA
Hey Harper will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Information, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States, please note that we transfer data, including Personal Information, to the United States and process it there.
By using the Services, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred to and processed in the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Hey Harper aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
If you wish to be informed about what Personal Information we hold about you, and/or if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us using the contact information set out below.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- Request access to your Personal Information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the Personal Information we hold about you where we are the data controller and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the Personal Information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new information you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove Personal Information where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your Personal Information where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your Personal Information to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request for erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be explained to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Object to processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground, as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your Personal Information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the information's accuracy; (b) where our use of the information is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the information even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your information but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Information to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your Personal Information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us using the contact details below.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure designed to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
Our Online Services is not intended for children under 13 (16 in the EEA). No one under age 13 (16 in the EEA) may provide any information to or on the Online Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 (16 in the EEA). If you are parent or guardian and learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 (16 in the EEA) without verification of parental consent, please contact us and we will delete that information.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Hey Harper implements security measures designed to maintain the security of your Personal Information. These security measures are implemented both during transmission of Personal Information and once received. The security of your Personal Information is important to us. Certain sensitive information submitted, such as credit card information, is encrypted using secure layer technology (SSL). However, no method of safeguarding information is completely secure. While we use measures designed to protect Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that our safeguards will be effective or sufficient. In addition, you should be aware that Internet data transmission is not always secure, and we cannot warrant that information you transmit utilizing the Services is or will be secure.
In some instances the Services might contain links to other third party sites and services. When you access these other sites or services, you are leaving the Services. Hey Harper is not responsible or liable for the activities on, security or privacy practices of, or content on third party sites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements posted on each such third party site or service.
We use a 3rd party tool to manage our referral programme which has its own cookies policy https://mention-me.com/help/privacy_policy_s#cookies
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services and our provision of products and services through the Site, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform services related to the Services (as discussed above), to assist us in analyzing how our Services are used, and to assist us with business development and marketing efforts related to the Services (“Service Providers”).
These Service Providers may have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
You may opt out of receiving marketing or other communications from us at any time by following the opt-out link or other unsubscribe instructions provided in any email message received, or by contacting us using the contact information provided below. If you wish to opt out by sending us an email to the address provided below, please include “Opt-Out” in the email’s subject line and include your name and the email address you used to sign up for communications in the body of the email. Note that, even if you opt out of receiving marketing communications from Hey Harper, we will still send you order confirmations and other non-marketing related messages.
EDIT OR DELETE ACCOUNT
If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, or amend your account by making the desired changes on the account profile page found after you log-in at www.heyharpershop.com. If you wish to delete/remove or deactivate your account on the Site, please contact us using the information provided below.
This policy was last modified March 2021.